Sunday, August 17, 2014

Talking dogs....

 
It's a much-needed rainy Sunday morning here at the Hillbilly Hacienda in Rowlett, Texas.
 
Sally has been roaming around pouting all morning. Things are always a little hectic on Sundays because I try to sleep in til the last minute before getting ready for church, so her walks are pretty short, which makes her none too happy. Don't get me wrong - I would gladly don a raincoat and wellies and still take her out but Miss Priss Diva will NOT go out in the rain. 
 
Anyway, sweet girl trots downstairs, then back up to me, then down again and back up to me and lets out a hearty 'Moooooomm'. Now, before you think I've gone completely off my rocker, let me assure you that I have many witnesses that will testify to the fact that this dog can indeed say 'Mom'.
 
While the vet says her pre-dominant breed is Black Lab she also has a lot of husky in her and apparently being able to speak a few words is very characteristic of Huskies.
 
So, back to the story. After about the umpteenth time I follow her downstairs and she takes me straight to Mr. T who is sitting in his favorite chair drinking his coffee. She sits down by the chair looks at him and looks back at me and says, 'Mooooommm'.
 
This is also her favorite chair.
 
 


And without saying a word, he gets up and lets her have it.
 
Spoiled brat.
 


3 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

That is soooo cute!

Nita Stacy said...

Oh...we also need a video of her talking...I love talking dogs!

holli said...

How sweet is that story!! We spoil our puppy Jax rotten too.