Saturday, August 9, 2014

My new, true love.....

I'd love to tell you that it was love at first sight. That I drove by, took one look and said, 'Oh honey - this is it! The one I've been dreaming of my whole life.'
 
 



But that, my friend, would be a lie. Instead it was Mr. T;s heart that went aflutter. 
  I was like, 'You've got to be kidding me.'
 
I mean, just look at this yard. Bald spots, different types of grass, awful holly bushes planted at the front. Just drive on by, please. And hurry. Instead, we called the realtor and got the grand tour.
 
I will tell you right now I pitched a hissy fit to beat all hissy fits.
I stomped my foot.
 I cried.
 
"I do not want to do this, again. I will not do this again!" I vowed. Why couldn't Rosebud Cottage have worked out? All I had to do was just move in! Surely, there has got to be something comparable!
 
We still weren't really speaking when I dropped him off at the airport an hour later.
 
 I instinctively drove back to the house. I parked the car across the street and just sat and stared at her. It felt like hours, but what I'm sure was only about 10 minutes I started to soften. Even though the property was highly neglected she still looked stately.
 
'Man, she must have been a beauty in her hey-day'.
 
The more I looked at her the more my imagination started to work; the more I felt a connection with her.
 
I picked up the phone and left a message for Mr. T-
 
"Okay, I'll do it. But I want you to promise me that we'll get started immediately on fixing her up."
 
And so it goes....
 



The family room on the left doesn't look too bad - love the wood wall and the wood floor, but the pale yellow is kind of 'blah'. And that wall paper in the kitchen? Nope. Bye-bye.

 
 
Literally, the very first day we moved in our family came over and started painting.
 
 
Behr's Glazed Ginger gives a warm, homey glow
 
 
I am a wall-paper lover but this looks like it was from the 70's - and the house was only built in 1994. We decided to just paint over it rather than the headache of pealing it.
 
While cousins Mark and Brian are busy painting I start pealing the paper in the dining room because it's already pealing on it's own. Piece of cake.
 
My dining room will revolve around my blue and white dishes.
So, we go from this
 


to this...
 
 
to this!
 
This is Ralph Lauren's "Blue Chalk" but in my mind I call it 'Texas sky' because this is the hue I see every day when I look out at the horizon.
 
More pictures to come and beautiful, drastic changes every day. I hope you fall in love with her, too as I share her with you.
 
And we've got to come up with a name...
 
Til next time,
 
Kathie
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

Jokes Collection said...

The Soccer Fans Another tactician left his job after World Cup 2014 but this time it wasn't & because of failing to deliver as Jorge Luis Pinto was a success in that tournament. The Colombian tactician manage to take his side, Costa Rica, marching into the Quarter Finals of World Cup before being eliminated from penalty shoot out drama. Visit at http://www.thesoccerfans.org/

vabna islam said...

Excellent blog you’ve got here.It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Please check out my site.
true love