Monday, January 9, 2012

Living vicariously through Elizabeth Taylor

Meet Elizabeth Taylor:



For years I dreamed of owning a dress form so when I saw this lovely lady at TJ Maxx it was love at first sight. She seemed right at home in my pink and white house and she earned her name to due to her obvious glamour.

Now something I bet you didn't know about me: I collect vintage clothing. Unfortunately, so many of these lovely pieces are tiny, tiny, tiny and no way will my big butt am I able to fit into them. That's where Elizabeth Taylor comes in. See for yourself....


Doesn't this look like something Jackie Kennedy would've worn?


 And isn't this to die for?

The time of day/occasion dictates what she wears for the day. Miss Taylor has been known to change clothes several times a day, but if you look real close in the background in the next photo, you will see the simple day dress and pearls she dons most of the time.

Til Next Time,

Kathie

4 comments:

Katydid said...

Girl, I am convinced that we need to get together just to play house!

Lindsey Stuffel said...

This appears to be exactly something I would do. I think it's fabulous!

C'est moi Claudette said...

Well hello Elizabeth. Nice to meet you.
LOVE your new girlfriend Kathie. She's awesome.
Happy week
Love Claudie
xoxo

Bring Pretty Back said...

I know!!! I also LOVVVE vintage clothes- they are teeeeeny tinnnny!
This is darling!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin